“Pr 22:6 Resource Ministry, Inc.," was launched and approved as an IRS 501 (c) (3) non-profit on February 10, 2010 by David and Edda Sepulveda. The basis of the ministry is Proverbs 22:6 “Train a child in the way he should go and when he is grown he will not depart from it”.
- Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God, who died for the sins of mankind and arose from the dead. (1 Corinthians 15:1-8, John 3:16)
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God that provides guidance for our lives (2 Timothy 3:16, Psalm 119:105)
- Every person is a valuable creation of God, but that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- That forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord (Romans 10:9, Acts 2:38)
- The Church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to evangelize the lost and edify the saved. (Ephesians 4:1-6)
- Jesus Christ will one day return. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
We had been “once per year missionaries” to the Dominican Republic, working with five churches, a Campus Ministry, a Family Camp and a K-12 Christian School for 25 years. During that time we have been leading annual mission trips to the Dominican Republic for our home church (Swiss Cove Christian Church, Jacksonville, FL). We became full time missionaries when Pr 22:6 Resource Ministry was founded in 2010.
Non-Denominational Christian Churches in the Dominican Republic have shrunk from 43 in 1989 to 30 in 2010. Dominican churches (in general) are experiencing the same issue our churches in the United States have experienced: that young people check out from church when they leave high school (in the DR earlier around age 15 to 16).
A leading Dominican Pastor says “if we don’t train our youth to be leaders, our churches will die”. Dominican churches lack the resources and training to sustain innovative, vibrant, and interesting children programming on a consistent basis to maintain their youth engaged and their churches alive. Leaders from several Dominican churches have invited us to help them with their year round Children’s Ministry Programs to reverse this shrinking trend.
Pr 22:6 Resource Ministry Inc. was founded to provide churches with educational materials to help Dominican churches establish structured, consistent Children’s Ministry Programming, leading children to learn to serve within the local church and grow future leaders. We also extend an invitation to churches and individuals in the United States to participate in short-term cross cultural mission trips.